Skip to main content

BHATURA / BHATURA FOR CHOLE BHATURA


Hi Friends,
Chole Bhatura is one of our favourite dinner which we make in home often. I will not say it is a healthy dish but I will assure about the taste! Chole and Bhatura are best combinations.
I have already posted the recipe of Chole long back and today I will post Bhatura recipe also.
My sister introduced Bhatura to me , they make it little sweet but I avoided sweet touch and made it like plain poori. I have heard there is another traditional method in bhatura making but I follow this easy recipe .I followed this recipe from Vegrecipesof India , The recipe looked so simple and less time consumption so I bookmarked this recipe and it tasted yummy too. When we get something delicious easily why we go for complex methods so I never thought of going to traditional method.
My husband never likes poori but he loved Bhatura with chole or Egg gravy so I made it in my list.
Basically they make Bhatura with All purpose flour ( Maida) but if you are health conscious you can even make it with 50% maida and 50% Wheat flour. There might be slight change in taste but still it will taste good with 50- 50 ratio too.

RECIPE SOURCE: VEGRECIPESOFINDIA
SERVINGS: 20 small Bhaturas.

The recipe is as below,

INGREDIENTS:

All purpose flour / Maida– 1 1/4 cup
Shoji / White rava – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp (optional – I didn't add)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Cooking soda – 1/4 tsp
Curd – 1/4 cup
Water – as required.
Oil – For deep frying


PREPARATION:
1) In a wide bowl mix all purpose flour, sooji oil, sugar, Salt, Cooking soda and curd. Add water little by little and knead it well to form a smooth dough as like in picture.
2) Close the bowl and let the dough rest for minimum 2 hours, After two hours you can see the dough should be a smooth mass.
3) Make small balls out of it and press with your chakla board and rolling pin to form thick round disc (as in picture).
I forgot to click picture of bhatura while rolling so to show the thickness I used photo from my poori recipe.

4) Heat oil in kadai and add the discs one at a time , immerse the discs in hot oil slowly with your ladle (this is done to make the bhaturas puff well).
5) Once the bhaturas puff up invert it immediately and leave for a second and remove from oil.
6) Drain oil completely and serve hot with chole masala or any masal of your choice.

NOTES:
1) Sugar is added to give good golden brown colour to bhaturas, you can skip it too.
2) Don't change the above ratios, follow the same to get yummy soft bhaturas.
3) Always make the bhaturas small and little thick , thinner bhaturas will burn quickly and also it won’t puff up properly.Also bigger bhaturas will consume more oil so make it small and dense.
4) Consume the bhaturas on the same day as next day it will be little rubbery.

HAPPY COOKING!!!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KADAMBA / KANAVA MASALA /SQUID FISH CURRY

Hi, Sea has lot of creatures in it that we can cook and we were much more unaware of many . Squid fish is one among the yummy species which I was totally unaware even after coming to Chennai.One day in market I saw them and surprised that they are selling octopus ( it looked like that to me :)). Then I surfed in net and found actually they are squid ( kadamba / kanava) and not octopus , My friend Saranya cooked this gravy for us during her visit to our home .I copied the recipe from her and tried next week itself.Though the squid fish looks very weird the taste was so yummy and there is no fish odor in that.It just tasted like mutton. The cleaning part is little tricky but easy, I suggest once you finished cleaning dispose the waste immediately out of your house as the waste from squid fish is very smelly and also it starts leaving water .So dispose the waste of squid as quick as possible. Other than that the fish tastes heaven , spicy, yummy and very easy to cook. I have

WARM WATER CHAPATI / BEGINNER GUIDE FOR SOFT CHAPATI

தமிழில் காண : கிளிக்   Hi All, If you are a beginner in cooking ,then chapati is the toughest task that needs a lot of practice. When I was learning cooking my chapatis will be either crisp like disc or rubbery that you need to dentist after chewing😭 So I try so many versions to make my chapati perfect and this warm water method is one success method , This method is so easy that your chapatis will be very very soft and light. A few tricks to make your chapatis perfectly soft and puffy are , Add water little by little while kneading . Don't knead dough too dry , make slightly sticky dough so that while toasting it comes to perfect softness. The recipe of perfect soft chapati is below, COOKING TIME : 1 hour. SERVES : yields about 10 chapatis INGREDIENTS : Wheat flour – 2 cups. Salt – 1/2 tsp. Warm water – 1 cup ( appx). Oil / ghee – few drops. METHOD : In a wide bowl add wheat flour ,salt and mix , make a well in middle of flou